Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Birth of a Blog...and a Bust of a Picture Shoot

Hello family and friends!

For some reason, blogging never appealed to me. But as I've watched Meghan enjoy writing for her own blog (first-fig.blogspot.com) as well as for the Exponent (the-exponent.com), I admit I wondered if I might like it too. Then I realized that instead of e-mailing pictures and updates of the family, I could keep a blog to keep you all informed of what we are up to. Since we just spent a great deal of time and money on Christmas cards, my attention has been drawn to "staying connected" with loved ones. So I decided now was a good time to initiate a family blog, if only for journaling purposes for myself.


Today we tried to take some family pictures. We all dressed up for church today since we had the Christmas program. The kids looked really cute and we wanted you all to see it. But we just weren't terribly photogenic...sorry! Nevertheless, since we went to the trouble, I'd better post a few and get this blog going.


Of course the kids were in no mood to cooperate...



And George nearly killed Sylvie when he tried to push her off the recliner.






The camera did favor Sylvia a time or two.

Well, not a bad beginning to the family blog. Check back for further Christmas updates.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I know how grumpy boys can be during photo shoots. Sylvia looks adorable in her little dress.
    I forgot to tell you how much I liked your Christmas stockings when I was at your house the other day.
    Lots of snow here in MI. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas, and congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors