Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sleepy Time with the Matthews Kids


Overall, the kids are tremendously good sleepers. As babies, both George and Sylvia have been fairly easy to put to bed, and they generally stay there most of the night. But they both have their sleeping quirks. Sylvia prefers to sleep on her tummy. Her parents, trying to faithfully follow the doctors' recommendation that babies sleep on their backs, force her to sleep face up each night. (Naps are a different; Dad lets her sleep the way she likes. Consequently, she takes LONG naps...) But if Sylvie can't sleep face down, her second favorite sleeping location is in Mom and Dad's bed (see above--she looks comfortable, doesn't she!).

George can also be particular about his slumber habits. A couple of nights ago, he decided he absolutely could NOT sleep with out his fake crocs on his feet. His mother tried valiantly to pry them away, but her earnest attempts were pathetically feeble in the face of a toddler's adamantine resolve. You guessed it, George won the battle and slept--the WHOLE night--in the clogs.







3 comments:

  1. I think kids are even cuter when they're asleep.
    Sylvie looks so comfy in a big bed!
    George doesn't look quite as comfortable in his crib and with his shoes, but I'm sure he was happy about winning the battle!

    It was fun having you guys over to play games last night. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I warned you about the dangers of Crocs years ago when you got your first pair, Brandon. Unfortunately, you didn't listen to me, and your son now has a pair permanently stuck to his feet. I feel no sympathy for you.
    Anyway, I miss you and your adorable kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think George's behavior is highly suspicious. I would be concerned if one of my kids insisted on sleeping with his shoes on. I mean, does he know something I don't? What could he possibly be planning that wouldn't leave at least 2.5 seconds to slip on shoes? Is he burning something? Meeting someone at midnight?

    I suppose you needn't worry at THIS age. It would be entirely different if he were 16 and went to bed with his shoes on and a crooked smile on his face. But look out for George, he's WILEY!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors